The former minister from the government accepts the leadership of the Olive nuclear agency and the Pd require him to resign as senator. The hard-nosed scientist: "No problem, I'm leaving." We are now the purges for "collaboration"
*************************
For nuclear, is ready to say goodbye to Pd and the seat of the Senate. The oncologist and Senator Um-berto Veronesi has clearly re-ie, after days of controversy and ultimatum by expo-nent-the party that has volume-to-candidate elections last ni: "No problem! sull'in-compatibility-but first I had decided that the party would express. If I leave my loved ones accept the role of senator-ca. " If, therefore, will be realized by the Government, the proposed re-appointment to the presidency of the Ve-Rones, the fledgling Agency's nuclear security, he DIMET-TERA by parliament, as he was asked by Pd. But something's party Bersani, the teacher sends her to say in an interview with Republic, "I am in favor of Nu-cleare forever. Not today, not a few months ", and therefore those who have no candidate can now drop from the clouds for his availability. And then "think that the left-vo, historically-te committed to protecting the health, congenital found the culture to the fact that car-bon-as-is responsible for the safety that a person represented. Instead it was co-yes. " In fact, the environmentalist wing of the party arose, and asked to have the 'taste' of an-docks where he intended to take the job. While he came from various parts of the accumulated know-veiled "treason." Real-sis points out that accept-ing the task is not to sell themselves to the enemy, but be-cause the agency must investigate the safety nuclear and not 'decide if and where plants should be built, "then" my position in the Agency would not have anything to re-see the country's energy policy is a shame that what-linking of the Democratic Party has not wanted understand. " Veronesi is still ready-to resign from the Senate. And this despite not obliges to do so, since the law establishing the Agency has been inserted a provision laying down a strict regime of incompatibility with the office-to-Member for all com-ponents of the Council of-l ' agency except one: the President, in fact. An ' ad personam ", denounced the Democratic Party. And an "attempt to play it in-house 'by the majority, making the head - a flagship l'Agenzia stolen deployment op-posed. "For Berlusconi - known parliamentarian Ermete Realacci - would be a great coup de théâtre, what is not meet-Scytho with Marcegaglia or Montezemolo, especially at a time when politics Nu-cleare government is impas- if '. Behind the choice of Veronesi (of which there is even talk I can co-Nobel Prize for medi-china) there would also push towards the Quirinale choice "bipartisan" and to ensure the Agency, and the diplomatic work of Gianni Letta. Even if a part of the PDL is a branch an-ti-Veronesi, which makes the no-me Senator Berlusconi-no (as well as nuclear engineer-ing) Guido May. Pd in \u200b\u200bthe house, after the controversy of recent days, we have realized the faux pas. The Secretary-rio Bersani moved quickly to in-contract the oncologist, and yesterday his spokesman Stefano Di Tra-glia Bersani assured that "he never asked the ques-tion of the resignation," that there is "utmost respect 'for the choices of Veronesi and that the the PD is not a "ideo-logical opposition to nuclear power," rather an assessment of "low credibility of the government's plans." (Il Giornale) ************************* ***************** ********
Talk oncologist Umberto Veronesi, Senator of the Democratic Party, and sends a letter to the Corriere della Sera: Here are five reasons why I could say yes to the Agency on nuclear
Dear Editor,
Dear Editor,
The debate that has developed around the idea of \u200b\u200bmy appointment as Chairman of the Agency for the Safety of Nuclear seems confused about 5 points Fundamental to clarify that I hold dear. First, the choice is not done yet: I have accepted the nomination for President, but I am carefully considering. The decision I made is that, if accepted, certainly resign from the Senate. I would do it not for partisan reasons, but because I could not reconcile scientific work, agency work and in the Senate. So when senatorial continue my activities in the Commission Education, Research and Culture, where it works well intellectually and humanely. Second, I have placed strict conditions on my yes, the plan must be technologically advanced, economically sustainable and professionally managed by high profile scientific and not selected according to the logic of the party. Furthermore, my role is to ensure a large margin of freedom of decision and action, and should be compatible with my clinical practice, medical and scientific, that I have no intention of abandoning. Third, my skills as president would be the coordination of experts on nuclear energy (mainly physical), with direct responsibility over the safety health of the population.
Who is afraid of my lack of knowledge and technical expertise on nuclear energy should be assured: I will risk to health and prevention, as I always hard. It must be said, however, that I have always cultivated an interest in physics (I would say that I am a fan), not by chance I received an Honorary Degree in Physics from the University of Milan. Fourth, the reason for my deep interest in the proposal is that I believe that the choice of nuclear energy is good for the country I love and I want to see develop in line with the most advanced world standards. My position has origins scientific "historical" and did not change over time. The United States and, right on our borders, France and Switzerland (model of quality of life for us Italians) have invested in nuclear power for years and continue to develop their strategic choice. As an energy source, nuclear power is currently the least toxic to humans, the risk related to its use is of an accident at generating plants and in the world today is estimated close to zero. E 'therefore the best alternative to oil, which is highly pollutant and a cause of bloody conflicts, as well as episodes of disastrous for the environment and health, as we recently experienced with the story of American Bp. Fifth and final point, my eventual decision in favor of the appointment does not change my thoughts, my philosophy and my commitment to society. Are linked (in some cases initiator) movement supporting the rights of the weakest and the poorest, who are fighting against social injustice, which are committed against the economic imbalances, poverty and hunger, promoting peace and respect for human rights, acting on behalf of women's issues. These are the issues that apply to the values \u200b\u200bof the Left, to which I adhered throughout his life, away from the resistance to the charge as Minister in a government of the left, until my recent involvement in Parliament. Values \u200b\u200bthat do not deny and will continue to transform into concrete actions. Therefore, on a warm invitation of Walter Veltroni, in 2008 I agreed to run for the Senate and for this, I believe, I was elected in Milan: take my 50 years in Parliament to fight for health, science and freedom of thought and research. As I clearly stated, have never been affiliated to a party and I have joined the Democratic Party. My contribution to the life citizens and the country I believe is at the moment, accept the role of health in a nuclear option (which conveniently share), however, already undertaken by the Government. Therefore, if all conditions are met that I mentioned, I will accept appointment as Chairman of the nuclear safety agency. (Il Corriere della Sera)
Who is afraid of my lack of knowledge and technical expertise on nuclear energy should be assured: I will risk to health and prevention, as I always hard. It must be said, however, that I have always cultivated an interest in physics (I would say that I am a fan), not by chance I received an Honorary Degree in Physics from the University of Milan. Fourth, the reason for my deep interest in the proposal is that I believe that the choice of nuclear energy is good for the country I love and I want to see develop in line with the most advanced world standards. My position has origins scientific "historical" and did not change over time. The United States and, right on our borders, France and Switzerland (model of quality of life for us Italians) have invested in nuclear power for years and continue to develop their strategic choice. As an energy source, nuclear power is currently the least toxic to humans, the risk related to its use is of an accident at generating plants and in the world today is estimated close to zero. E 'therefore the best alternative to oil, which is highly pollutant and a cause of bloody conflicts, as well as episodes of disastrous for the environment and health, as we recently experienced with the story of American Bp. Fifth and final point, my eventual decision in favor of the appointment does not change my thoughts, my philosophy and my commitment to society. Are linked (in some cases initiator) movement supporting the rights of the weakest and the poorest, who are fighting against social injustice, which are committed against the economic imbalances, poverty and hunger, promoting peace and respect for human rights, acting on behalf of women's issues. These are the issues that apply to the values \u200b\u200bof the Left, to which I adhered throughout his life, away from the resistance to the charge as Minister in a government of the left, until my recent involvement in Parliament. Values \u200b\u200bthat do not deny and will continue to transform into concrete actions. Therefore, on a warm invitation of Walter Veltroni, in 2008 I agreed to run for the Senate and for this, I believe, I was elected in Milan: take my 50 years in Parliament to fight for health, science and freedom of thought and research. As I clearly stated, have never been affiliated to a party and I have joined the Democratic Party. My contribution to the life citizens and the country I believe is at the moment, accept the role of health in a nuclear option (which conveniently share), however, already undertaken by the Government. Therefore, if all conditions are met that I mentioned, I will accept appointment as Chairman of the nuclear safety agency. (Il Corriere della Sera)
0 comments:
Post a Comment